Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm a Deist.

image I was born in the year of the cat. No, not the Tiger but the cat. In the Chinese zodiac that would be the year of the rabbit, but cat sounds better. Not all Asian zodiacs are the same as the Chinese so I defer to them.

I believe in God. However, I don't believe what man made scripture tells me is the word of God.
God speaks to me when I see a cloud drift by. It speaks when a baby smiles... or cries.

God has never asked anyone to kill except when one is protecting himself from a direct attack.

I've been told I'm going to hell because I don't accept Jesus as my lord and savior. Hey, I think Jesus might have been a cool guy but I don't believe that he was a unique "son of God". We are all sons and daughters of God. He just had more publicity from guys who believed he was special. I believe Ghandi and Mother Theresa were just as great. We have pictures of them doing their great works. I've never seen a picture of Jesus and I don't believe those that say they have.

Faith... Belief... These are the lowest forms of truth.

There may be those that have had direct communication with God. But, I won't believe you if you simply tell me that you have. You will have to show me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am no longer a Deist. I am a full blown Atheist now.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home